Friday, December 28, 2012

The Birds in the Buttermilk

Chickens can be really entertaining! I cleaned out my fridge the other day and found some buttermilk that was outdated. (Does it go bad considering all it is is sour milk? That's a topic for another post though!)
I poured it into small yoghurt containers and gave it to my backyard laying hen flock. My flock eats whatever doesn't get composted and seeing as my compost bins are in their pen, sometimes they eat the compost too!
Oh their delight at the buttermilk! They didn't just daintily dip the tips of their beaks, oh no! They dipped their whole beak in! And then shook off the thick goo so all the hens looked they had come through an explosion in a paint factory!

Messy chickens



Chickens enjoying some hay outside their coop to scratch in and keep their toes warm :)

No comments:

Post a Comment