Thursday, January 12, 2012

Exciting times!

A New Year, new possibilities!
I love my life! So much to learn, every day. I always knew that I wanted to farm, somehow, somewhere. Now it is becoming a reality. In 2011 I expanded my goat herd to 70. I got 50 sheep. I look forward to this years kidding and lambing season!
A few images from the past year:
A Year of Storms: 
We had some pretty scary looking clouds, rain, wind, hail, and floods.




 Flood water




Chickens
Can you spot the goat in the photo below?
One of my last orphans curled up with the chickens one chilly evening
 Chickens enjoying space, sunshine, shade, grass. 
We try to raise our animals as ethically, naturally and sustainably as possible.


Custom cows
my boyfriend grazed some 220 custom cattle this summer



Garden
 My square foot garden in my back yard, with my chicken coop visible


 Sheep and goats


 Winter Wonder






No comments:

Post a Comment